Raytheon-led team enters fifth year of Warfighter FOCUS program support
DULLES, Va., Aug. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) recently celebrated its fourth successful year of continued support to customers at more than 600 locations around the world on the Warfighter Field Operations Customer Support (FOCUS) program.
The Raytheon-led Warrior Training Alliance team has processed more than 5,250 task orders since Warfighter FOCUS began in May 2008. The 10-year, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity U.S. Army Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation contract, with an estimated ceiling value of $11.2 billion, consolidated the U.S. Army's legacy live, virtual and constructive training programs.
"The Warfighter FOCUS contract has become the vehicle of choice to deliver full-spectrum mission-focused, global training support from a diverse and fully vetted team of industry professionals and qualified suppliers," said Bob Williams, a vice president with Raytheon Technical Services Company LLC and program manager for the WTA. "We leverage proven technologies, integrated logistics support and expert engineering services to ensure the most innovative and cost-effective solution is provided to Warfighter FOCUS customers to meet their demanding and ever-evolving training requirements."
Highlights of the Raytheon-led capabilities provided to Warfighter FOCUS customers around the world since contract start include:
- Robust support for the Army's initial return to full-spectrum operations training and initiation of the Decisive Action Training Environment at the Army's premier Combat Training Centers.
- Intelligence training and training support by more than 1,400 experienced professionals covering the human, analytical, imagery, signal and geological intelligence domains and the unmanned aircraft systems arena.
- Centralized program management, with task orders competitively awarded (average of 30 percent to small businesses) among 140-plus pre-qualified suppliers and vendors, providing a streamlined acquisition process to deliver rapid, flexible, innovative, cost-effective and on-target support and services.
- Extensive depot and supply support through a Raytheon-run, 62,000-square-foot central warehouse that houses 26,000 different stock-keeping units; receives 40-50 purchase order packages per day; processes 30-50 materiel requests daily; and, working with 13 other repair depots worldwide, has supported nearly 750,000 work orders.
- Substantial support of the Army's first Exportable Training Capability deployment of the Exportable Instrumentation System, allowing full Combat Training Center capability at a non-CTC site.
- Development of an innovative software engineering solution -- the Precision Real Time Location System, or PRTLS -- for simplified tracking of large numbers of military participants, role players and exercise controllers at the Army's Joint Multinational Readiness Center training areas in Grafenwoehr and Hohenfels, Germany.
Find out more about Raytheon-led Warfighter FOCUS program milestones.
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter at @raytheon.
SOURCE Raytheon Company
The content of this News Release Archive is historical content. See this
important information regarding such content.