Raytheon releases 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report
WALTHAM, Mass., June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) published its 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report, describing the company's sustained corporate responsibility focus and standard of excellence. The report can be viewed on the company's newly designed Corporate Responsibility Report website at www.raytheon.com/CRR.
"Raytheon's commitment to corporate responsibility reflects our values and our strong company culture," said Raytheon CEO Thomas A. Kennedy. "Our annual Corporate Responsibility Report measures our progress and highlights our efforts, investments and accomplishments in the many areas that define corporate responsibility at Raytheon."
For the first time, Raytheon's corporate responsibility report features augmented reality, an advanced technology that enables a deeper experience and enhanced communication. To get the most from the report, readers can download an app with their mobile device and then scan the pages to experience another level of digital information, including Raytheon videos and web content.
Highlights and accomplishments in 2013 include:
- Governance -- Building upon the Company's Vision, Strategy, Goals and Values, Raytheon maintains a contemporary governance approach promoting integrity, accountability, transparency and sound decision making in all company operations.
- Ethics -- Raytheon's ethics education programs include the "Telly" award-winning EthicSpace video series, which has generated 50,000 voluntary views.
- Engineering, Technology and Mission Assurance – In 2013, President Barack Obama awarded Raytheon the National Medal of Technology and Innovation™ for sustained innovation through the engineering of first-of-a-kind practical systems. One celebrated innovation includes the development of TransTalk™, a hand-held translation device that allows soldiers and aid workers to converse with local people in other countries.
- Diversity & Inclusion -- For the ninth consecutive year, Raytheon achieved a 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign® 2013 Corporate Equality Index. The company continued to champion diversity and inclusion by promoting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to help inform the strategy and raise broad-based diversity awareness within the Raytheon community.
- Supply Chain – In 2013, Raytheon worked diligently with global supply chain partners to identify conflict minerals - tantalum, tin, tungsten and gold - that may support civil violence. The company plays an active role in engaging with multi-industry consortia such as Aerospace Industry Association's Conflict Minerals Working Group, International Aerospace Environmental Group and the Electronic Industry Citizen Coalition's Conflict Free Smelter Initiative. Additionally, in 2013, Raytheon procured more than $78 million in goods and services from nearly 30 former and current protégé companies, allowing them to grow their businesses and give back to their employees and communities.
- Safety and Wellness -- In recognition of the company's exceptionally low injury rate and strong safety program, in 2013, EHS Today magazine included Raytheon as the only aerospace company named one of America's Safest Companies.
- Sustainability -- The company exceeded the following five of its 15 sustainability goals two years ahead of schedule and is on track with the others: energy reduction; landfill and incinerated waste reduction; potable water use reduction; IT energy reduction; and travel/supplier greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) reduction. In 2013, Raytheon received a Climate Leadership Award in recognition of its significant progress in cutting greenhouse gas emissions and achieving its reduction goal ahead of schedule.
- Supporting our Communities -- Raytheon's community commitment is to empower today's veterans through continuing education, while inspiring tomorrow's professionals to develop and sustain an interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). The company's focused corporate citizenship efforts contributed to Raytheon's second consecutive recognition by The Civic 50 as one of the nation's most community-minded companies.
Raytheon Company, with 2013 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 92 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
SOURCE Raytheon Company
The content of this News Release Archive is historical content. See this
important information regarding such content.