Poland's TELDAT signs Letter of Intent with Raytheon
Companies explore partnership opportunities in hardware, software and systems engineering
TEWKSBURY, Mass., July 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) signed a Letter of Intent with Poland's TELDAT to cooperate in mutually beneficial business opportunities related to Poland's air defense architecture, as well as significant exports to global markets. The companies will examine areas for partnership in the following categories:
- IP-based networking solutions, software and devices
- Militarized communications equipment
- Command and control software
- System integration, verification and validation testing
"TELDAT and Raytheon have been working together for more than two years, and we are actively pursuing business opportunities with them in electromechanical design, software engineering and overarching systems engineering," said Mike Shaughnessy, vice president of Supply Chain, Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems. "This is yet another example of our commitment to deliver significant and sustainable benefits to Poland's defense industry, including work share, co-development, co-production and technology transfer."
"We are pleased to cooperate with Raytheon given that our companies, working in the field of advanced military technologies, have so much in common from high ethical standards to highly specialized engineering staff," said Henryk Kruszynski, Ph.D., CEO of TELDAT Company. "Realization of joint projects creates many opportunities not only for TELDAT and Raytheon, but also for Poland. With our experience and superior products, we will provide important contributions to the next generation of Patriot."
This announcement comes just weeks after Poland's Armaments Inspectorate selected Raytheon's Patriot as one of the two finalists for the WISLA program.
TELDAT is a Polish business entity, located in Bydgoszcz, which has been dynamically operating in the defense market for 17 years. It is the leading constructor and producer of the world's most innovative data communications solutions, which are dedicated mostly to security and national defense. Its products (hardware and software) and services have successfully been used and tested in:
- Several hundred garrisons, military units and institutions as well as in military missions overseas in: Afghanistan, Congo, Chad, the Balkans and the Baltic states, in which they facilitated air force assignment completion under the Air Policing mission;
- The most important exercises and trainings (in Europe and USA) carried out by Polish armed forces, NATO and U.S. European Command, e.g. International Interoperability Workshops "Combined Endeavor", NATO CWID and NATO CWIX and Bold Quest;
- Research and development laboratories, e.g. NATO Communications and Information Agency in Hague and CELAR in France.
Raytheon Company, with 2013 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 92 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
SOURCE Raytheon Company