PCO of Poland, Raytheon sign Letter of Intent for surveillance, targeting systems project
Work to focus on night vision devices and thermal weapon sights
KIELCE, Poland, Sept. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company's (NYSE: RTN) Missile Systems business signed a Letter of Intent with PCO S.A., Poland's leading manufacturer of optoelectronic devices and laser systems, to collaboratively develop soldier sensors.
Areas of cooperation will include:
- Design, development and production of an enhanced night vision goggle
- Advanced reconnaissance, surveillance & targeting solutions
- Concept design, development, production and systems test for optics, video processor elements and other hardware elements related to future electro-optical/infrared system solutions
- Existing products and capabilities for both parties via potential sub-contracting relationships
"Raytheon and PCO are well-positioned to develop advanced night vision for both the Polish armed forces and global requirements," said Duane Gooden, vice president of Raytheon's Land Warfare Systems product line. "Our PCO partners have a proven record of affordable, high-quality design and production in the optoelectronic market. Our combined expertise will position us to compete aggressively in the global market."
Earlier this year, Raytheon Missile Systems signed an LOI with MESKO to pursue opportunities related to Poland's air defense architecture and advanced defense technologies. Included in that agreement were areas for partnership in such categories as:
- Patriot GEM-T missile sub-system production and qualification
- Patriot GEM-T missile integration, assembly and production
- System Level Integration and Engineering
- Excalibur 155 mm precision artillery projectile
- TALON laser guided rocket
Raytheon Company has signed seven contract awards and more than 30 LOIs with Polish industry, all focused on bringing work share to those partners.
About PCO S.A.
PCO SA has been producing optoelectronic devices and laser systems for military equipment for more than 38 years. The firm provides a range of modern, reliable and safe products to help increase security in the defense industry. Included in the PCO portfolio are a wide range of night vision goggles and monoculars, aviator's goggles and thermovision binoculars, as well as day-night and night vision aiming sights, collimator sights, periscopes for various armored vehicles and laser rangefinders.
Raytheon Company, with 2014 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 93 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cybersecurity and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @raytheon.
SOURCE Raytheon Company